This Integer Operations Unit 6th Grade TEKS includes: adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing integers both with models and fluently without.
Students will practice with both skill-based problems, real-world application questions, and error analysis to support higher level thinking skills. You can reach your students and teach the standards without all of the prep and stress of creating materials!
Standards: TEKS: 6.3C, 6.3D; This unit is not available in a CCSS-aligned version. This content is only currently available aligned to 6th grade TEKS. It is not a part of the 6th grade Common Core Standards.
- represent integer operations with concrete models
- connect integer operation models with algorithms
- understand and apply integer operations to real-world situations
What is included in the 6th grade teks Integer Operations Unit?
1. Unit Overviews
- Streamline planning with unit overviews that include essential questions, big ideas, vertical alignment, vocabulary, and common misconceptions.
- A pacing guide and tips for teaching each topic are included to help you be more efficient in your planning.
2. Student Handouts
- Student-friendly guided notes are scaffolded to support student learning.
- Available as a PDF and the student handouts/homework/study guides have been converted to Google Slides™ for your convenience.
3. Independent Practice
- Daily homework is aligned directly to the student handouts and is versatile for both in class or at home practice.
- 1-2 quizzes, a unit study guide, and a unit test allow you to easily assess and meet the needs of your students.
- The Unit Test is available as an editable PPT, so that you can modify and adjust questions as needed.
5. Answer Keys
- All answer keys are included.
***Please download a preview to see sample pages and more information.***
How to use this resource:
- Use as a whole group, guided notes setting
- Use in a small group, math workshop setting
- Chunk each student handout to incorporate whole group instruction, small group practice, and independent practice.
- Incorporate our Integer Operations Activity Bundle for hands-on activities as additional and engaging practice opportunities.
Time to Complete:
- Each student handout is designed for a single class period. However, feel free to review the problems and select specific ones to meet your student needs. There are multiple problems to practice the same concepts, so you can adjust as needed.
Is this resource editable?
- The unit test is editable with Microsoft PPT. The remainder of the file is a PDF and not editable.
Looking for more 6th Grade Math Material? Join our All Access Membership Community! You can reach your students without the “I still have to prep for tomorrow” stress, the constant overwhelm of teaching multiple preps, and the hamster wheel demands of creating your own teaching materials.
- Grade Level Curriculum
- Supplemental Digital Components
- Complete and Comprehensive Student Video Library
Click here to learn more about All Access by Maneuvering the Middle®!
Licensing: This file is a license for ONE teacher and their students. Please purchase the appropriate number of licenses if you plan to use this resource with your team. Thank you!
Customer Service: If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out for assistance. We aim to provide quality resources to help teachers and students alike, so please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
If you are interested in a personalized quote for campus and district licenses, please click here.
©Maneuvering the Middle® LLC, 2012-present
There are no reviews yet.