A perfect solution for the busy Algebra 1 math teacher or the school with limited resources! This curriculum is standards-based and designed specifically for Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
The curriculum is divided into 10 units with an additional unit to prepare for state testing. Additionally, you will receive spiral warm-ups, “I Can” statements, back to school review activities, and year-end assessments.
- Unit 1 – Equations and Inequalities Unit and Activities
- Unit 2 – Properties of Functions Unit and Activities
- Unit 3 – Linear Functions Unit and Activities
- Unit 4 – Applying Linear Functions Unit and Activities
- Unit 5 – Systems Unit and Activities
- Unit 6 – Exponents and Polynomials Unit and Activities
- Unit 7 – Factoring Polynomials Unit and Activities
- Unit 8 – Quadratic Functions Unit and Activities (available 11/2020)
- Unit 9 – Solving Quadratic Equations Unit and Activities (available 12/2020)
- Unit 10 – Exponential Functions Unit and Activities (available 01/2021)
- Unit 11 – Sequences Mini-Unit (available 02/2021)
- Unit 12 – Test Prep and Review (available 03/2021)
Each unit includes:
1. Teacher planning resources:
Unit Overviews and Pacing Calendar
To ensure vertical alignment and create a cohesive content base, unit overviews provide you with a foundational understanding of where students are and where they need to go. Each unit overview offers teacher tips that address engagement ideas or student struggles to streamline your planning.
While some students will need more time, and others will be ready to move on, the flexible pacing calendars give you a baseline to implement. From there, you can tweak the pacing for your students, but all of the prep work has been done for you.
2. Classroom resources and activities:
Guided Notes, Hands-On Activities, Independent Practice
The guided notes provide visuals and scaffold the concepts in such a way that students refer back to them — a teacher’s dream! Real-life application and problem-solving strategies have been incorporated throughout the units to ensure that your students can apply the concepts.
Each unit includes at least six hands-on activities to support cooperative learning, higher-level thinking skills, and student practice in a fun way! Teachers have commented that they love hearing their students using academic language and justifying their reasoning.
A short, creative independent practice is included for each day. Some teachers choose to assign independent practices as homework, while others use them in math stations with small groups.
3. Classroom Assessments:
Editable Unit Tests, Self-Grading Google Form Test
Each unit includes at least one quiz and an editable unit test. This allows you to customize the unit test to meet the needs of your students.
All of the unit tests are available as a Google Form for those who would like to utilize technology to auto-grade and disaggregate data. Some of the test questions have been slightly adjusted to integrate with Google Form technology.
Updates and Future Resources:
The curriculum includes over 100 student handouts and 72 hands-on activities, including updates to the content, plus future paper-based activities and resources aligned to Algebra 1 for TEKS. Feel free to check each link for more details or download the preview.
Be sure to check out our Modeling with Algebra Tiles Professional Development Workshop!
This file is a license for one teacher and their students. Please purchase the appropriate number of licenses if you plan to use this resource with your team. Thank you!
We strive to provide quality products to help teachers and students alike, so contact us with any questions.