Products by Maneuvering the Middle, LLC may be used by the purchaser for their classroom use only. This is a single classroom license only. All rights reserved. If you wish to share this product with your team or colleagues, you may purchase additional licensing.
- Print and copy resources for your personal classroom use only.
- Save this to both home and work computers.
- Only post online behind a password protected site or LMS (learning management system) such as Google Classroom, Canvas, Schoology, etc. Students should be the only ones able to access the resources.
- Reproduce this resource or resell it as your own. There are no commercial use licenses (this includes Outschool or other similar platforms).
- Distribute this resource to other colleagues. This includes posting resources on a shared drive, shared server, or other similar sharing platform.
- Post resources on the internet for the general public.
1. Posting MTM Materials Online
Resources may be used online, as long as the resources are placed into a password-protected site where only students have access. Google Classroom/Canvas/Schoology are all perfect examples. This keeps the materials from being indexed by Google and out for the entire internet to find.
Resources may NOT be posted to a school website. Google crawls these sites and then serves up the results when people search for Maneuvering the Middle. We hate to send Cease and Desist notices, but also have to do that in order to keep the integrity of the work.
Resources are for personal use only. Commercial use (Outschool or any other platform) is not permitted.
2. Recording Videos with MTM Materials
Any video that is recorded using our materials must be shared with a private link. For example, Zoom or Loom. If you are posting them on YouTube, they must be marked as “unlisted.”
We had a case last semester where a teacher was posting public lessons on YouTube using MTM materials. This came to our attention when students at a different school were able to search and find homework answers. There is no way to send a direct message to a YouTube channel or communicate with that teacher, so our only option was to report the channel to YouTube. This is frustrating to everyone and takes time away from our team as we are working to support teachers.
3. Using Software to Distribute MTM Materials
There are soooo many new software programs available to distribute materials and everyone is searching for the best fit. Please keep in mind that any software that requires you to share the materials with other users violates our copyright. Many of the new technologies allow free accounts, but often those free accounts require you to share the materials with other users or make them available to other users.
Our sincere goal is to support you and your students! I am happy to answer any specific questions about any specific platform. I may not know the answer right off the bat, but I will find out. I hope this clarifies any questions you may have…thank you for helping us protect the quality and integrity of our curriculum!
Noelle and the MTM team