This Digital Math Activity Bundle for 8th grade math can be used in both an in-person and a virtual classroom setting. They are interactive (drag and match, using the typing tool, using the shape tool) and paperless through Google Slides™.
What is included in the 8th Grade Digital Math Activity BUNDLE?
PAPERLESS MATH ACTIVITIES
Engage students with these DIGITAL and PAPERLESS math activities that support 8th-grade math concepts. These resources are supplemental and can provide students the opportunity to review previously taught concepts, receive additional practice, or act as homework, test reviews, and alternative assignments. There are currently a total of 40 topics included with four slides for each topic. Students will enjoy dragging and matching, as well as using the typing and shape tool. These resources are excellent for distance-learning environments.
EXIT TICKETS (DIGITAL & PRINTABLE)
Though we have included an answer key, it is easier to assess student mastery of the concepts through exit tickets. Each of the topics has a 2-question exit ticket included both through Google Forms™ and a paper-based printable version.
VIDEO & STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS
A teacher guide with both video and step-by-step instructions has been included to help you implement these activities into your classroom.
**The digital activities are included in the All Access Bundle. The only portion of this that is editable is the Google Form™ exit ticket.**
Please note, the Google Slides™ are NOT self-checking. If you use an LMS, then students can submit their work back to you. You may prefer (and we recommend) using the included Google Forms™ as the assessment tool.
- Real Number System(4): squares and square roots, rational vs. irrational numbers, estimating square roots, classifying real numbers
- Exponents and Scientific Notation (4): properties of exponents, square roots and cube roots, scientific notation, operations with scientific notation
- Linear Relationships (4): slope and rate of change, graphing linear equations, proportional vs. non-proportional relationships, multiple representations
- Functions (4): identifying functions, comparing functions, writing linear equations, distance vs. time graphs
- Linear Equations (4): simplifying expressions, one- and two-step equations, multi-step equations, equations with variables on both sides
- Systems of Equations (4): graphing linear equations, solving systems by graphing, solving systems algebraically, applying systems of equations
- Transformations (4): translations, reflections, rotations, dilations
- Angle Relationships (4): parallel lines and transversals, interior angles of triangles, exterior angles of triangles, angles in similar triangles
- Pythagorean Theorem (4): intro to the Pythagorean theorem, missing lengths of right triangles, applications of the Pythagorean theorem (set I), applications of the Pythagorean theorem (set 2)
- Volume (4): volume of cylinders, the volume of cones, the volume of spheres, the volume of cylinders, cones, and spheres
- Scatter Plots and Data (4): introduction to scatter plots, scatter plots and predictions, scatter plots and trend lines, two-way tables
- Personal Financial Literacy (4): simple and compound interest, the cost of credit, the cost of college, payment methods and financial decisions
What do I need to use these files? You and your students will need access to Google Slides™ and Google Forms™. If you have Google Classroom™, then it will be easier to share and schedule the files. These also work with Schoology or other LMS that utilize Google Apps.
How will I access these files? Once your purchase is complete, you will gain access to a login on our site. There you will find all of the digital resources organized by unit. The links will be a force copy that requires you to add them to your Google Drive. If you have any trouble, then please reach out to MtM support.
©Maneuvering the Middle LLC, 2012-present
This file is a license for one teacher and their students. Please purchase the appropriate number of licenses if you plan to use this resource with your team. Thank you!
We strive to provide quality products to help teachers and students alike, so contact us with any questions.
Stephen Martin (verified owner) –
Awesome supplemental resource.