Fraction Operations Activity Bundle – This bundle includes 8 classroom activities to support fraction operations: adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions!
These hands-on and engaging activities are all easy to prep! Students are able to practice and apply concepts with these fraction operations activities, while collaborating and having fun! Math can be fun and interactive!
Standards: CCSS (6.NS.1, 6.NS.4) and TEKS (6.3A, 6.3B, 6.3E)
What is included in the 6th grade Fraction Operations Activity Bundle?
Eight hands-on activities that can be utilized in pairs or groups of 3-4. All activities include any necessary recording sheets and answer keys. In the case of a performance task, a rubric has been provided. Answers will vary, and in many situations there may not be a right or wrong answer.
- Puzzle: LCM and GCF
- Stations: adding and subtracting fractions
- He Said, She Said: multiplying fractions
- Solve and Color: dividing fractions
- Task Cards: dividing fractions
- Mazes: multiplying and dividing fractions
- Performance Task: fraction operations unit review
- Four in a Row: fraction operations unit review
How to use this resource:
- Use as a whole group classroom activity
- Use in a small group for additional remediation, tutoring, or enrichment
- Use as an alternative homework or independent practice assignment
- Incorporate within our CCSS-Aligned Fraction Operations Unit to support the mastery of concepts and skills.
Time to Complete:
- Most activities can be utilized within one class period. Performance tasks summarize the entire unit and may need 2-3 class periods. However, feel free to review the activities and select specific problems to meet your students’ needs and time specifications. There are multiple problems to practice the same concepts, so you can adjust as needed.
Looking for more 6th Grade Math Material? Join our All Access Membership Community! You can reach your students without the “I still have to prep for tomorrow” stress, the constant overwhelm of teaching multiple preps, and the hamster wheel demands of creating your own teaching materials.
- Grade Level Curriculum
- Supplemental Digital Components
- Complete and Comprehensive Student Video Library
Licensing: This file is a license for ONE teacher and their students. Please purchase the appropriate number of licenses if you plan to use this resource with your team. Thank you!
Customer Service: If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out for assistance. We aim to provide quality resources to help teachers and students alike, so please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
If you are interested in a personalized quote for campus and district licenses, please click here.
©Maneuvering the Middle® LLC, 2012-present