This 7th Grade Surface Area Activity Bundle includes 6 classroom activities to support finding the surface area of rectangular prisms, triangular prisms, rectangular pyramids, and triangular pyramids.
These hands-on and engaging activities are all easy to prep! Students are able to practice and apply concepts with these surface area activities, while collaborating and having fun! Math can be fun and interactive!
Standards: CCSS (7.G.6) and TEKS (7.9D)
What is included in the 7th grade Surface Area Activity Bundle?
Six hands-on activities that can be utilized in pairs or groups of 3-4. All activities include any necessary recording sheets and answer keys.
- Cut and Paste: surface area and nets
- Solve and Color: surface area of prisms
- Scavenger Hunt: surface area of pyramids
- Dominos: surface area unit review
- Performance Task: surface area
- Task Cards: surface area unit review
How to use this resource:
- Use as a whole group classroom activity
- Use in a small group for additional remediation, tutoring, or enrichment
- Use as an alternative homework or independent practice assignment
- Incorporate within our CCSS-Aligned Surface Area Unit or TEKS-Aligned Surface Area Unit to support the mastery of concepts and skills.
Time to Complete:
- Most activities can be utilized within one class period. Performance tasks summarize the entire unit and may need 2-3 class periods. However, feel free to review the activities and select specific problems to meet your students’ needs and time specifications. There are multiple problems to practice the same concepts, so you can adjust as needed.
Looking for more 7th Grade Math Material? Join our All Access Membership Community! You can reach your students without the “I still have to prep for tomorrow” stress, the constant overwhelm of teaching multiple preps, and the hamster wheel demands of creating your own teaching materials.
- Grade Level Curriculum
- Supplemental Digital Components
- Complete and Comprehensive Student Video Library
Licensing: This file is a license for ONE teacher and their students. Please purchase the appropriate number of licenses if you plan to use this resource with your team. Thank you!
Customer Service: If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out for assistance. We aim to provide quality resources to help teachers and students alike, so please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
If you are interested in a personalized quote for campus and district licenses, please click here.
©Maneuvering the Middle® LLC, 2012-present