This Volume Activity Bundle includes 7 classroom activities to support 8th grade volume including the volume of cylinders, cones and spheres.
These hands-on and engaging activities are all easy to prep! Students are able to practice and apply concepts with these volume of cylinders, cones and spheres activities, while collaborating and having fun! Math can be fun and interactive!
Standards: CCSS (8.G.9) and TEKS (8.6A, 8.6B, 8.7A)
What is included in the 8th grade Volume Activity Bundle?
Seven hands-on activities that can be utilized in pairs or groups of 3-4. All activities include any necessary recording sheets and answer keys. In the case of a performance task, a rubric has been provided. Answers will vary, and in many situations there may not be a right or wrong answer.
- Intro Activity: modeling volume of cones and cylinders
- Solve and Color: volume of cylinders
- Puzzle: volume of cones
- Scavenger Hunt: volume of cylinders and cones
- Four in a Row: volume of spheres
- Cut and Paste: volume unit review
- Performance Task: volume unit review
How to use this resource:
- Use as a whole group classroom activity
- Use in a small group for additional remediation, tutoring, or enrichment
- Use as an alternative homework or independent practice assignment
- Incorporate within our CCSS-Aligned Volume Unit or TEKS-Aligned Volume Unit to support the mastery of concepts and skills.
Time to Complete:
- Most activities can be utilized within one class period. Performance tasks summarize the entire unit and may need 2-3 class periods. However, feel free to review the activities and select specific problems to meet your students’ needs and time specifications. There are multiple problems to practice the same concepts, so you can adjust as needed.
Looking for more 8th Grade Math Material? Join our All Access Membership Community! You can reach your students without the “I still have to prep for tomorrow” stress, the constant overwhelm of teaching multiple preps, and the hamster wheel demands of creating your own teaching materials.
- Grade Level Curriculum
- Supplemental Digital Components
- Complete and Comprehensive Student Video Library
Licensing: This file is a license for ONE teacher and their students. Please purchase the appropriate number of licenses if you plan to use this resource with your team. Thank you!
Customer Service: If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out for assistance. We aim to provide quality resources to help teachers and students alike, so please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
If you are interested in a personalized quote for campus and district licenses, please click here.
©Maneuvering the Middle® LLC, 2012-present