If you are already thinking about your classroom and gathering ideas on Pinterest for a classroom management system, this post is for you. We have rounded up some of our favorite back-to-school blog posts and put them in one spot for your ease and enjoyment.
On Preparing your Mindset
Prepare yourself to lead your classroom confidently and effectively. Back to school requires preparation in heart and mind.
- 5 Habits of Highly Effective Teachers
- First Year Teacher Advice
- Tips for a New Math Teacher – This is a series that was just published. This is the first in the series, so be sure to read all 4 that are linked inside the first post.
On Preparing Your Classroom Environment
Get the biggest bang for your buck finding supplies, decorating on the cheap, and setting up your classroom in a methodical and organized way!
- Middle School Classroom Tour
- Classroom Decorations on a Budget
- 6 Tips for Setting Up Your Classroom
- Things Every Teacher Needs at Their Desk (not necessarily school supplies)
- 20 Must Have Teacher Supplies
- Student Organization in Your Classroom
On Preparing Your Students
Your classroom will not operate smoothly without student buy-in, strong classroom routines, and a mistake-friendly environment. Learn some ways to do that here.
- 20 Must Teach Routines and Procedures for Middle School
- How to Teach Routines and Procedures that Stick
- How to Create a Positive Classroom Culture
- Promoting Perseverance in Math
On Preparing Your Lessons
Start your year strong with an appealing syllabus, a finished substitute binder, and some fun ideas ready to implement in your back pocket.
- 3 Tips for Your Syllabus (and a free digital or printable syllabus download)
- How to Turn Any Worksheet into a Fun Activity – Engaging activities that you can implement on the fly!
- Organizing a Substitute Binder
- The Self-Paced Classroom
- Why Maneuvering the Middle All Access is All You Need
On Becoming Tech Savvy
- How to Use the MTM Student Video Library
- Tech Spotlight: Go Formative
- Digital Activities in the Math Classroom
How are you feeling about back to school this year? What are you doing this summer to prepare? We hope this post (and the many posts linked) are helpful to you. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments!