If you are already thinking about your classroom and gathering ideas on Pinterest for a classroom management system, this post is for you. We have rounded up some of our favorite back-to-school blog posts and put them in one spot for your ease and enjoyment.
Back-to-School Round Up
On Preparing your Mindset
Prepare yourself to lead your classroom confidently and effectively. Back to school requires preparation in heart and mind.
- 5 Habits of Highly Effective Teachers
- 5 Classroom Management Books for Middle School
- Talking over Students
- First Year Teacher Advice
- Tips for a New Math Teacher
On Preparing Your Classroom Environment
Get the biggest bang for your buck finding supplies, decorating on the cheap, and setting up your classroom in a methodical and organized way!
- Middle School Classroom Tour
- Classroom Decorations on a Budget
- 6 Tips for Setting Up Your Classroom
- Things Every Teacher Needs at Their Desk (not necessarily school supplies)
- 20 Must Have Teacher Supplies
On Preparing Your Students
Your classroom will not operate smoothly without student buy-in, strong classroom routines, and a mistake-friendly environment. Learn some ways to do that here.
- 20 Must Teach Routines and Procedures for Middle School
- 15 More Routines and Procedures
- How to Create a Positive Classroom Culture
- Growth Mindset in Math (can be applied to any subject)
On Becoming Tech Savvy
Since we can all expect some form of remote learning to stick around, here are some of the things that we have learned these past few months. Back to school in the fall is going to have its challenges, so we hope you can take something away from these posts.
- Tech Spotlight: Edpuzzle
- Tech Spotlight: Go Formative
- Digital Activities in the Math Classroom
- Remote Learning Technology and Websites
- 3 Teachers Explain How They Teach Remotely
On Preparing Your Lessons
Start your year strong with an appealing syllabus, a finished substitute binder, and your first unit planned and ready to go!
- 3 Tips for Your Syllabus (and a free digital or printable syllabus download)
- How to Create a Unit Plan
- Organizing a Substitute Binder
How are you feeling about back to school this year? What are you doing this summer to prepare? We hope this post (and the many posts linked) are helpful to you. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments!